Other activities and services nearby
Distance to Oinonen Cottages is marked in parenthesis.
- Paletti Shopping mall (35 km) in Kyyjärvi town has a set of speciality shops and factory shops.
- Keskisen Kyläkauppa- (115 km) is among the biggest shopping malls in Finland, located in a small town. The architecture and idea is based on a concept of an old “village store” that just grew really big.
THINGS TO DO FOR FAMILIES
- During summers, children will enjoy small amusement park Puuhapuisto Veijari (47 km) in Saarijärvi. They have an aquarium, bird pond, domestic animal yard, house of smaller animals and different kinds activities.
- The Stone age village in Saarijärvi will put you on a time capsule to distant past. (48 km)
- Ähtäri Nature park (100 km) – animals in wildlife surroundings. You can see a bear, lynx and wolf to name a few.
- Pyhä-Häkki (42 km) is a National Park with untouched primeval forests and aged trees. Two nature trails pass thru the park. You need to reserve a day for this path.
- Salamajärvi (44 km) is a National Park with a lot of wilderness sceneries. You can follow the marked deer paths.
- Teemmä-Stables (12 km) is an equestrian centre where horse riding in all its forms can be enjoyed in Mannilankangas pine forest. Also cart and sleigh riding are worth a mention.
- In Saarijärvi you will find Paavonrinteet Slopes (44 km)
- In Viitasaari there is Ski Centre Sahis (42 km).
- Hilmonlava Dance Hall (12 km) is a setting for traditional Finnish oldies dancing on Thursdays of June and July.
- Kukonhiekka Dance Hall (46 km) is a popular spot for traditional dancing in Saarijärvi. Location is idyllic – on the shore of Pieni-Lumperoinen lake.
- Ähtäri Golf is a starter-friendly 9-hole course.
- Peurunka-Golf in Laukaa (96km) is a full scale 18-hole course in a beautiful lake setting.
- Kuortane-Golf (111 km) is located in a manor-like setting in Osthrobothnia – further north. They have a 9-hole course.
- Winter allows for very much fun on a snowmobile. There are over 50 km of snowmobile routes in the area. The link to the main routes starts from Piispala. In Saarijärvi and Viitasaari regions you will find even more routes – 600 km in all.
- Vokotus is a company offering program services, adventures, guided nature trekking, fishing and hunting trips and course on teamwork and communication.
MORE FOR TOURISTS WITHIN AN HOURS DRIVE